Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Adventure with a Twist


When I was little I prayed for a brother named Rebecca. A few years later, along came Rebecca:) 
This Saturday she's getting married.

Those of you who know my family may suspect this will not be average:

When Becca got older and stopped stealing my dolls, she went to work overseas with YWAM where she met Matthais from Nigeria. 

After doing missions in Switzerland and alternately teaching English in Azerbajan, she decided to marry Matthais in Thailand. 

The wedding was moved "a little closer to home" (ha): Geneva, Switzerland.

Knowing the 11 of us would be showerless and racing from Chicago to Indiana that weekend, I accepted my lot in life with many a tear and decided to enjoy the pictures. 

But we had a schedule change:)

On Thursday my dear, marvelous husband is maneuvering a 45 foot long bus through downtown Chicago to the O"Hare Airport, dropping me off for a flight and 48 hour visit in Geneva, and bravely hauling 9 Busy Bowers children and their gluten free pancakes to Lake Michigan.

And I am thinking: Can I find the right gate? Can I not lose my passport? Do my children swim? Will I end up in Spain?

But also…. isn't the Lord sweet to provide so unexpectedly?

Tomorrow we continue the adventure with a twist:)

I'm bringing someone's camera, earplugs, the book Cassidy gave me called " Queen of the Home" and  a huge thank you note to my parents, because tickets to Geneva four days before are like buying a house.

And Lord willing:


The Bowers clan will be back together on Sunday to head for Ohio, while Becca and Matthais honeymoon in Greece before moving to the Republic of Georgia which is NOT the Peach Tree state:)


2 comments:

Carole Bowers said...

I loved seeing all the pix. What fun you are having!! And so productive at the same time.
I pray for safety for Lauren and a blessed wedding and marriage for Rebecca and Mathias.
Would love to see Lake Michigan with you. Bami

Bambi said...

Oh you have made me laugh--HARD. Miss your humor, my friend!